See bottom of this page to download forms.
Back Country Horsemen Society of BC - Trails Grant 2018
At the October 2012 Fall Board of Directors Meeting it was decided to set up a Grant for trails and access projects across BC that registered Chapters could apply to. Available funds will be allocated to projects at the Selection Committees discretion.
Who can apply;
- Recognized Chapters whose members are all in good standing with BCHBC
- Projects for trails and trailheads using this grant as seed money
- Trail construction or renovation
- Trail rehabilitation
- Trail Head construction, repair and improvement
- Trail infrastructure (ex: bridging, puncheon, turnpikes, information kiosks)
- Trail and trailhead signage
- Mapping of Trails and production
Eligible Project Costs;
- Material costs of upgrading, building, repairing or renovating trails and trail heads.
- Cost of purchasing signage.
- Equipment rental for upgrading, building, repairing or renovating trails and trail heads.
- Permits and licensing fees.
- Assessment fees (i.e. Environmental, Historical or Cultural).
Ineligible Project Costs;
- Cost incurred prior to project application.
- Costs incurred after project completion date.
- Costs of developing project proposal.
- Cost of purchasing land or real estate and associated fees.
- Previously incurred debts, financing charges or interest payments on loans.
- On-going leasing of land, buildings and other facilities.
- Cost of any goods or services which are received as donations or in-kind.
- PST, GST/HST for which the applicant is eligible for a rebate and/or any other costs eligible for rebates
- Legal and accounting fees.
- Travel costs for project coordinators.
- Any other costs not directly associated with the process and completion of the submitted project.
- Projects that cross privately owned land and have no formal agreement or are short term.
Other Deciding Criteria - the BCHBC Trail Grant Section Committee may use some of the following criteria to choose between eligible projects:
- Projects may be selected based on the importance of the project to BCHBC members and their local community.
- Projects may be selected based on the number of BCHBC members and other equestrians it will serve or impact.
- Projects may be selected based on their health, environmental, conservation and/or cultural benefits.
TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FILES, SELECT AND CLICK BELOW: