BCHBC is an organization that provides equestrians who are interested in trail riding and the back country, with a social and safe learning atmosphere where people of all ages and experience can enjoy trail riding and the wilderness experience. Through collaboration with individuals, government, business and other recreational users of public lands, we strive to preserve and enhance the use of public lands for all equestrians.
The Purpose of the Society shall be:
- To work together with recreational groups, government agencies and the general public to promote awareness and understanding for a cooperative wilderness experience.
- To build new trails, trailheads and other facilities for horsemen.
- To maintain and preserve existing equine trails - wilderness and urban.
- To promote educational programs in safety, courtesy and environmental awareness.
- To preserve access for Canadians to use horses and mules (equines) on public lands.