We all know the old saying “a picture is worth a thousand words” and in support and promotion of our organization, we wish to share the many images which help to write the story.
Through our new website, we hope to open the door for each Chapter to share their local trails, Chapter events, activities, rides and projects which will give them the exceptional opportunity of promoting their Chapter is such a powerful and visual way.
Back Country Horsemen Society of BC (BCHBC) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any BCHBC event, activity or ride, without the expressed permission of those included within the photograph/video.
Our primary use will be for the BCHBC website however BCHBC may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by BCHBC including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
On the BCHBC website all photographs are “right Click” protected in that they cannot be copied or printed from the website.
To ensure the privacy of children, images will not be used without written approval from the subject’s parent or legal guardian.
We do appreciate the support of the membership with this initiative and we also will respect a members request to remove a photograph from the website.
- Review – As many have shared photos with us, we as website managers are unable to identify all individuals in the photos. Should you identify a particular photograph on the website which includes yourself or your child which you would like to have removed from the website, please take a screen shot, identify the photo to be removed and send to email@example.com requesting removal.
- If you do not use or visit our website please ask your Chair or one of you fellow members to review the website and review the posted photographs for your benefit to ensure no photos exist which you wish to have removed.
- Prevention – If you are participating in a BCHBC ride, event or other activity (even if it is a simple ride amongst friends) and you do not wish to have your photo shared with the webmanager or utilized by BCHBC in any manner, please do your best to identify such concerns to anyone taking the photographs.
- If you are adamant that no photo shall be posted which includes yourself or your child, please advise your fellow Chapter members and respectively ask them to respect your wishes and not share any photographs which include yourself or your child
- Please advise the Provincial body of this in writing as well. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By participating in a BCHBC event or by failing to notify BCHBC, in writing, your desire to not have your photograph used by BCHBC, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify BCHBC from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness. We will do our best to ensure we respect your wishes as well.
Any person or organization not affiliated with BCHBC may not use, copy, alter or modify BCHBC photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from BCHBC.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!