BACK COUNTRY HORSEMEN SOCIETY of BRITISH COLUMBIA
2021 / 2022 NEW MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
All NEW MEMBERSHIPS purchased ONLINE from SEPTEMBER 1, 2021 through OCTOBER 31, 2021 will be valid til DECEMBER 31, 2022! As a bonus, there will be surprise draws for new members that join during this period.
A Little About Us
Back Country Horsemen of BC offer a variety of social opportunities through its various chapters and their members. We also focus on “safety first” for horses and riders. We work collaboratively with private land owners, governments at various levels, businesses and other recreational users of public lands to preserve and enhance the use of PUBLIC and PRIVATE lands for all EQUESTRIAN enthusiasts.
What we do:
- Develop and maintain new and existing trails, trailheads and campsites
- Promote Share the Trail programs for ALL trail users (including hikers, bikers, dog walkers, ATV users and, in wintertime, cross country skiers, snowshoers & sledders)
- Promote Leave No Trace programs
- Trail rides and pack trips
- Clinics to promote good horsemanship
- Educational programs, events and other related activities
- HAVE FUN
(We require all members who ride or handle equines to have HCBC, Alberta Horse Federation or Canadian Icelandic Horse Federation insurance. Non riders are welcome to join and are not required to have insurance. )
PLEASE follow the link to our Membership page for information on how to JOIN.
Thank you for joining BCHBC!